KT Canada is pleased to announce the agenda for the 2015 Scientific Meeting.
KT Canada is pleased to announce its second annual scientific meeting. This year, we invite you to join the discussion on PATIENT AND PARTNER ENGAGEMENT.
- The Westin Nova Scotian, Halifax, NS
- May 11–12, 2015
Plenary speakers include:
- Prof. Richard Lilford, Professor of Public Health, Director of W-CAHRD, Director of NIHR CLAHRC WM, University of Warwick
- Dr. Andreas Laupacis, Executive Director, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Michael’s Hospital
- Dr. Edward Fottrell, Institute for Global Health, University College London
Panel discussion on stakeholder engagement with: with Krista Connell (NSHRF), Jean Slutsky (PCORI), Linda Wilhelm (Canadian Arthritis Patient Alliance), and others.
KT Consultations sessions with Canadian KT experts including: Jeremy Grimshaw, Brian Haynes, David Johnson, France Légaré, Sumit (Me2) Majumdar, Sharon Straus.
We invite you to submit abstracts on advancing the science of KT.
Deadline: February 16, 2015 11:59 PM ET
Please see the attached flyer for information on how to submit an abstract and register.
Réunion scientifique annuelle de KT-Canada
Le réseau KT-Canada est heureux d’annoncer sa deuxième Réunion scientifique annuelle. Cette année, nous vous invitons à joindre la discussion portant sur L’IMPLICATION DES PATIENTS ET DES PARTENAIRES.
- Le Westin Nova Scotia, Halifax, NE
- 11–12 mai 2015
Parmi les conférenciers invités :
- Prof. Richard Lilford, Professeur de Santé Publique, Directeur de W-CAHRD, Directeur du NIHR CLAHRC WM, Université de Warwick
- Dr. Andreas Laupacis, Directeur Exécutif, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Michael’s Hospital
- Dr. Edward Fottrell, Institut pour la santé mondiale, University College London
Table ronde sur l’engagement des parties prenantes avec: Krista Connell (NSHRF), Jean Slutsky (PCORI), Linda Wilhelm (Canadian Arthritis Patient Alliance), et autres.
Sessions de consultation avec des experts canadiens en KT incluant : Jeremy Grimshaw, Brian Haynes, David Johnson, France Légaré, Sumit (Me2) Majumdar, Sharon Straus.
Nous vous invitons à soumettre des résumés sur l’avancement de la science du KT.
Date limite pour soumettre un résumé : 16 février 2015, 23h59 HE
Join us in Québec City on June 12 and 13, 2014. We invite you to join the discussion on de-adoption of ineffective or untested clinical practices through attendance at the KT Canada Annual Scientific Meeting. Advancing our collective knowledge of this issue is critical because abandoning ineffective or harmful practices are essential for improving patient health and strengthening our health care system.
We invite interested people to submit an abstract on advancing KT science. Special consideration will be given to those that focus on de-adoption and or economic analysis of de-adoption strategies.
Please specify your presentation preference: Oral, Poster or Workshop.
- Prof. Michel Wensing, Radboud University, Scientific Institute for Quality in Healthcare, Nijmegen, Netherlands
- Dr. Vinay Prasad, Medical Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, USA
- Dr. H. Tom Stelfox, Associate Professor, Critical Care Medicine, Medicine and Community Health Sciences, University of Calgary
- Trainee specific stream with “Meet the Professor” sessions with Canadian KT experts: Ian Graham, Jeremy Grimshaw, Brian Haynes, France Légaré
- Panel discussion with editors from Implementation Science and other journals
- June 12-13, 2014
Hotel Manoir Victoria
44 Côte du Palais,
Québec City, QC G1R 4H8
Room Block under KT Canada available until May 16, 2014
Registration deadline is May 16, 2014. Register Now
Registration fee: $300 CAD $150 for students and fellows
The deadline for abstract submission is March 21, 2014 at 11:59 PM ET. Submit an Abstract
Questions related to registration and cancellation can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information: www.ktcanada.net
Cancellation policy: Refunds will not be issued for cancellations received after June 4, 2014. A processing fee of $100 will be retained on all cancellations. Requests for cancellation must be made in writing. Registrations are not transferable. KT Canada reserves the right to cancel events. Registrants will be notified at the earliest possible date in the event of a cancellation. Registration fees for events cancelled by KT Canada will be refunded; however KT Canada will not be liable for any loss, damages or other expenses that such cancellations may cause.
View the flyer (PDF)
In December 2012, KT Canada hosted a Workshop Exploring the Theoretical Domains Framework (TDF) in Behaviour Change Research. International and local experts presented on their use of the TDF in behavior change research. Presentations in PDF format, as well as audio recordings of these presentations are now available at: http://www.ktcanada.ohri.ca/workshop_tdf/index.html.
The department of family medicine and emergency medicine at Université Laval is recruiting to fill up two tenure-track positions (professor-researcher). The successful candidates will work closely with the Education and Professional Development's Office (VDPDPC) which focuses on educating and supporting faculty members. Detailed information can be found at:
- Interprofessional collaboration in health care—Professor-Researcher
- In health Sciences Education—Professor-Researcher
Job application limit deposit date 25/01/2012
Interested candidates can address a letter of interest and curriculum vitae, by mail or email, to:
Dr Guy Béland, directeur
Département de médecine familiale et de médecine d'urgence
Faculté de médecine
1050, avenue de la Médecine, local 4617
Québec (Québec) G1V 0A6
Information: 418 656-3678