The steering committee is responsible for:
- planning and setting the agenda for each annual meeting of KT Canada
- developing policies and guidelines determining how KT Canada will conduct its business
- informing the membership on a regular basis on the status of ongoing projects, new projects, new memberships and trainees, and financials.
- administering funds to Centres
- setting up peer review panels for new grant applications, student funding, travel disbursements, etc.
- keeping accurate minutes and circulating them to the membership in a timely fashion
- assisting site leaders with monitoring of ongoing studies and any issues that have been identified as needing to be addressed.
- maintaining database of KT related activities conducted by members and their trainees