Palm OS EBM Calculator v1.2
Current Status and Disclaimer
This software is no longer supported. This version, 1.2, was released March 26 2004 and is provided as-is for your convenience. Please use it at your own risk.
EBM Calculator was created for your own personal use and testing purposes. EBM Calculator is to be used as a guide only. Medical decisions should NOT be based solely on the results of this program. Although this program has been tested thoroughly, the accuracy of the information cannot be guaranteed.
EBM Calculator is designed to calculate relevant statistics for Diagnostic studies, Prospective Studies, Case Control Studies, and Randomized Control Trials (RCT). This is a Palm OS version of the Stats Calculator and OR to NNT Converter.
You can graph the pre-test probability and post-test probability with the calculated likelihood ratio in the Diagnostic Studies, calculate fully-adjusted LHH, and do conversion from Odds Ratio (OR) to NNTs. You can also use the Save, Open, and Delete functions to save your results and view them at another time.
EBM Calculator uses a shared library called "MathLib". It is needed to perform calculations that requires more complex functions.
MathLib is a free shared library that can be used by any OS 2.0+ Pilot program that needs IEEE 754 double precision math functions. It's distributed under the terms of the GNU Library General Public License, and is freely available with full source code and documentation at the MathLib Information web page. It is not a part of the EBM Calculator program, and you're not paying anything for its use; a copy is simply included in this archive for your convenience.
- Palm OS device
- Palm OS 3.1 or later
- 56K of memory space if MathLib is already installed on your device
- 106K of memory space if MathLib is not already installed on your device
Download & Installation Instructions
- If you have the older version of the EBM Calculator on your device, remove it first before syncing the new version. You do not need to remove mathLib.
- Download the software to your computer: ebmcalc_v1_2.zip
Unzip this with WinZip or similar software.
After unzipping the file, you will see three files: ebm.prc, mathlib.prc, and readme.txt.
- ebm.prc - is the EBM Calculator program
- mathlib.prc - is the shared library that is required to run EBM Calculator
- readme.txt - contains installation instructions and a brief description of how to use the EBM Calculator
- Backup all your information from your device (i.e. synchronize all information to your computer).
- Use your device's install tool or equivalent (e.g. HotSync) to load the program and the shared library (if you do not already have it installed) to your device.