Critical Appraisal of Evidence
Tips on Critical Appraisal of Evidence
After we have searched for the evidence, we need to decide if it is both valid and important before deciding if we can apply the evidence to our individual patients. The order in which we consider validity and importance depends on individual preference.
Which type of evidence would you like to appraise?
- Elderly woman with possible iron deficiency anaemia
- Man with a history of a stroke who is concerned about his risk of seizure
- Single trials - man with stroke, moderate carotid stenosis
- Systematic review - man with a stroke who gets admitted to stroke unit
- Man with extrasystoles on sotalol