Welcome to the KT Clearinghouse
The KT Clearinghouse website is funded by the Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR) to serve as the repository of Knowledge Translation resources for individuals who want to learn about the science and practice of KT, and access tools that facilitate their own KT research and practices. The service and material of the website are provided by staff of the Joint Program in Knowledge Translation, a collaborative effort between St. Michael’s Hospital and the University of Toronto, Faculty of Medicine. The goal of the program is to improve the quality of care by developing, implementing and evaluating strategies that bridge the knowledge-to-practice gap, and to research the most effective ways to translate knowledge into action.
Specific services that the Program offers over the KT Clearinghouse website include:
- KT Canada, a CIHR-funded research network and training initiative.
- The Knowledge Base, an information repository and short ‘primer’ course on knowledge translation, designed for individuals who want to learn the basics of ‘doing knowledge translation.’
- The Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine, whose goal is to help develop, disseminate, and evaluate resources that can be used to practise and teach EBM for undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education for health care professionals from a variety of clinical disciplines.
- A list of KT tools that facilitate the practice or the science of knowledge translation.
- A Knowledge Translation Consultation Service for supporting different clinical units at St. Michael’s Hospital and researchers from the University of Toronto to research, develop, implement and/or evaluate knowledge translation strategies.
- An online community for connecting with other researchers.